Take a look at my scan

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Tell me what you think. I know the LTFT is a little off at WOT and I am having a hell of a time getting that to lock in at 0 under WOT. My LTFT is really good except WOT lol.

I hit WOT somewhere around 40mph and spun tires pretty bad clear past the 1-2 shift.

Major Mods are: L26, Dynotech trans with 3.29 gears, XP cam, stock heads, IC, TOG Extreme headers, no cat, Gen V, 2.8 pulley, Northstar TB, LQ4 maf, 42.5 lb injectors, racetronix pump.

IMG-20110426-00113.jpg

:fy: to very little kr

Last column all the way on the right is Wideband AFR

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
My rule:

Less than 3* of KR... keep the hammer down. Anything less than that, and I lift. I know something is wrong at that point.

I'd work on getting your fuel trims to lock in at zero when hitting PE mode though. I worked on mine for a week last year and havent touched them since then. Still locks at zero to this day.

You need to add a bottle, remove timing, and run 11's.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Would any one suggest going back to a 3.0 pulley and lots of timing? Richen it up just a little on the 2.8 and add a degree or two of timing? I am going to the track Sunday if it does not rain so i would like to know what direction to go.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
My rule:

Less than 3* of KR... keep the hammer down. Anything less than that, and I lift. I know something is wrong at that point.

I'd work on getting your fuel trims to lock in at zero when hitting PE mode though. I worked on mine for a week last year and havent touched them since then. Still locks at zero to this day.

You need to add a bottle, remove timing, and run 11's.

I just need to tune the MAF a little more to get the LTFT to lock in?

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Yep... mine was in the 7 or 8k range. Can not remember. It literally has been over a year since I dicked with it. I just watched scans and compared where my trims locked to what MAF frequency I was at and just adjusted that one frequency to get them to lock in. Does not matter now for whatever reason if I mash it or roll into the throttle... I always lock at zero now.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Would any one suggest going back to a 3.0 pulley and lots of timing? Richen it up just a little on the 2.8 and add a degree or two of timing? I am going to the track Sunday if it does not rain so i would like to know what direction to go.

Everybody says that timing is free horsepower, and that our cars love 18 degrees of timing, but honestly... seat of the pants, my car felt faster with a smaller pulley and stockish timing, than with a bigger pulley and more timing. :dunno: YMMV

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I felt the same way about boost vs timing...I would love to get my car to run 18 degrees of timing on the 2.8 pulley at 11.7 afr lol

Oh and about the LTFT.. Before this scan I changed the whole mass of MAF cells from 7000 hertz up by 5% and it made no difference on my LTFT at wot. It made a hell of a difference on my final wide band AFR, I went from 11.2 to 12.2 lol.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Eek. How many % are you above stock in that area? In my situation, my fuel trim locking happened right around 8k hertz. My MAF table varies from anywhere from 7-11% higher than stock. But things change on every cell of that table. I think I used the 'tiny tuner' to do the MAF tune, and my shit turned out decent enough and safe enough to beat the fuck out of and not break anything. :shrug:

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i dont understand my maf table. It is on average 2% above stock all the way through. I have compared your tune that I have to mine and I noticed that out injector tables are way different from each other and I think that affects the end result in the MAF table a lot.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Yea, I seen you table and was like WTF, it works fine with maf tuning and all. My table is a calculation on the difference of stock injectors vs 42.5 lb injectors and I know that I cant be two far off because the fuel used and average mpg function on the dic is still very close to what it would be on a stock car.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I would richen it up a bit and shoot for 17-18* of timing. The reason you guys think it's faster is because smaller pulley's make more tq than hp. So you feel it pulling harder, when in reality it's probably not. At the 300whp mark you're 1-2* of timing you want to add could be good for 10whp. That's more than a .2 pulley drop will give you especially without any kr. Lean and mean is the way to go though, just be careful on pump gas. Shit will sneak up on you and pop, you're running on 5cylinders. :rofl:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL

look at maf data, find your averages for maf hz, then look up that hz and see how often your in a particular load cell. in thingy run a hz filter from the hz you tend to have med/high loads more than decel/idle/light and filter out everything but med/high FTC.

that way your tuning your upper maf range, -that you usually see under med/high load more often than light loadn down... using data from those actual load points and not having skewed calculations.
also run through a couple with stft tossed into the calcs and compare with lt only filtered...you might see some patterns that may coincide with maf curve "bumps"

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Personally if I had the option of running a cylinder mass pe enable, i probably would, well i'd rather have a MAP # to enable PE first, then that. Turbo cars can get into a lot of boost with very little throttle. Right now i have PE enabled at 20% throttle on both my cars, would love to have it just enable after 5-6psi no matter what the TPS is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info