Al's singlepass mod'd WBS core

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if you didnt get to see it at pandawgs 3800 EXTRAVEGANZA...here it is

what started as a WBS gen3 core was modified with two 6 x 3/4inch aluminum billets that were bored to 9/16ths and welded to the core end tank.

then the plates were modified by machining the core pocket towards the snout and milling the tube slots in the blower inlet side.

i still have to open the lower outlet and machine in the diverter tongue in the upper along with the BBV opening that will channel the cooled air back into the blower inlet as opposed to the standard "hot" bbv.

he's wanting to knock TG down a peg on the VS cam chart :s00ls:
now he just needs the rest of his fittings for the rails and hose plumbing

modifiedWBSICcore2.jpg

if you view the full image youll be able to see the scribed marks for the bbv/Gen5 outlet
modifiedWBSICcore1.jpg

modifiedWBSICcore3.jpg

singlepassconversion.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
nice work! thinking of running some braided steel hose over the crossover? how close does it come? its been so long since i've actually thought of doing a single pass i forgot all about the idea!

looking at using 3/4 inch 100% silicone hose throughout the IC system...Al's gonna have enough braided stainless as is with a front sump tank and the COMP 180 fuel pump to feed the -10 dampened rails

the modified pacesetter Xover is ~2 inches below where the outlet tubes will be. we havent decided where we're gonna put a shield but it'll either bolt to the intake or the IC.... the other option is to make one that clamps to the Xover using the originally useless Pacesetter clamps (my preference) :rofl:

wanna know the cool part? while modifying it to duct airflow/mount the HE we were looking at turning the steel front bumper into a large icebox for post FB 101 cooling at the track. going with a closed circuit setup to keep ice outta the primary loop. :pedobear:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
no need to, the OE inlet/outlet end is divided down the middle (splitting the core into two halves each with 8 channels) and is the new inlet side. outlet side is the open tank but with two tubes to help ensure even flow between both halves.

a pair of nice Y's will help ensure that the flow is even, and the high volume mezier pump will ensure there arent any channels that sit stagnant.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info