another bad day

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
was this a compression test (in which case how many compression cycles did it take to hit your pressure and what were the 1st/2nd cycle pressures?) or a leakdown test (-uses an air compressor)? where'd you get the gauge?

if it was a leakdown test did you hear the hissing out the tailpipe or the intake?

his cam was installed straight up and had over .040 piston to valve clearance with my solid checking lifters....if a valve is bent then something got in there (FOD) or your the first to make a RM dbl jump teeth

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
your only hope is that my thursday isnt packed, the weathers nice, and that there's a chance i have enough gas/can head towards lukes early enough to go out past carpentersville to lake in the hills and see what the hells wrong with it.

i sent a PM on the 13th, 3 days before i scheduled SleeperLS's motor build, but i havent gotten a call from the car telling me whats up :dunno:

did a gm cert comp test today results arent good cyl 1 was 170 cyl 2 dead cyl 3 was 150 cyl 4 was170 dropped to zero cyl5 was 170 dropped to zero cyl 6 was 170 dropped to zero any one know what causes this do you think if heads are they saveable are all my valves junk how does this happen

Cyl two broken valve spring as far as dropping comp I dont know why and turbo car is at my work in johnsburg but I need to know what springs to get

that T chain will handle to 150+lbers (not that you need that high)

iirc those ae 105's in there...go figure... intake or exhaust break?

post pics, and i hope you didnt drive it to your work....prob have to pull the head if the spring broke below the top coil and it hung low enough to kiss the piston

it did break toward top looking at motor the second one one cyl 2 is there any gains with 130s just looking to eliminate this gremlin was hoping to change on car without taking head off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info