James get in here!

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Remember that ass noise at 2,000 rpm? Welp, good news is that it sounds like it is gone now that i disabled the balance shaft. Bad news is that it is 2 AM and I gotta get up early to go party at EIU this weekend. Hopefully I can leave the damn engine alone for more then a month with out taking something apart:rofl:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Remember that ass noise at 2,000 rpm? Welp, good news is that it sounds like it is gone now that i disabled the balance shaft. Bad news is that it is 2 AM and I gotta get up early to go party at EIU this weekend. Hopefully I can leave the damn engine alone for more then a month with out taking something apart:rofl:

:bowrofl:only a 3800 owners ass would stop making noise at 2000 rpm after getting rid of the BS....again :bowrofl:

now change your oil filter

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I guess there is a oil passage that does really nothing now...... Still have 65 psi of oil pressure.

maybe the passage was deleted? that would explain why that bearing went to shit...though i would put that on the silt that fell out of suspension in the oil. haha maybe the silt plugged it :rofl:

i just like deleting that passage cause i hate them balance shafts...a good benifit is it reduces the amount of oil that drains down onto #5,6 cam lobes/rods/pistons

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I have solid alum. mounts in my car, when it's not broken i'll take you for a ride smug. I can feel a vibration around 2k, it's definitely where the balance shaft was doing it's job before. I would never complain about it, but you can def feel it. Solid fucking mounts FTW.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I hate that car, the dumbest shit always takes it out of commission and i have NO fucking place to fix it. If i did i would have fixed it the same weekend it broke. By far one of the most frustrating bullshit issues ever. I can't even begin to explain how fucking pissed off that gets me. Fuck all you assholes that can work on your shit at home.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm 99% sure it's just a flexplate, simple fix. Shouldn't take more than 8hours, maybe a little more cause of the CT kit, but still very simple. I have no place I can do that. I can do little things here and there, but something as big as pulling the motor, forget it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info