ebay headers leaking

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
i have the original donkey punch performance ones...aka the first batch of these headers... i got the slip joint band clamps the ones that have the grove in them for the slip joint.. threw a little copper rtv on them and tighten as james and v showed me.. tighten one bolt a little bit then do the other.. equal force helps to reduce the leaks.. they been running strong oh 3 yrs hasnt been off or had a leak since.

3166Hhb14WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
when i was talking to jreed (see told ya i already forgot yer name :rofl:) it seemed he was talking that it had two slip fits in the Xover.
those clamps should be for a 2.5"od to 2.25"od pipe lap/slip joint x2 then yeah a 3inch down low but i think these ebay one's had a 2 or 3 bolt lower DP flange/ or maybe a Vband so he shouldnt need a lower clamp.

iirc the headers are on that cutty right?
on the 442 i just rewelded a preproduction Plog with a ported rear manifold and slapped it in :rofl:
aHAIRYpowerplant.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
those are the knockoff slp's then...doesnt someone have the DPP headers around here?

Jreed was saying he has some parts for it but needed a pcm flash so he could drive it and get emissions/tags iirc

brian are you referring to the 442's bay? :rofl: its corroded to hell now lol
...cause its hard to make out his...i was buggin him to post some pics of it i wanna see it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info