2003 GP Differences

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Been thinking about these, and know that the 03 Grand Prix's have differences from 97-02 that are odd. And James I know you've talked about this before, but I can't remember the details of what you said.

I've been coming across a few 03's that are in for what I'm looking to buy, but if there are some changes to these that are too weird then I'll look somewhere else haha.

Anybody know what things are different on the 03's only?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
trans controls are the primary difference.
the Manifold Pressure Switch logic is different, and it is equipped with an Internal Mode Switch, because of this the trans connector has a different pinout than the older one's.
otherwise it's thge tried and true older style junk everywhere else without the headaches of the 03.5-early 04 heaps

its nothing id consider a drawback...on the pos side if ya blow the trans your much more likely to find a good used low mile 03-08 trans than an 02 and older

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
The big problem is that THEY'RE ALL 4 DOORS!!!:picard::squint::mad::bash: And, from what I have heard, the A pillars are different because they started making frame changes for the 04+ or they had put all the 02 stuff into an 04 frame to make the 03. Something along those lines is what I've heard, but have not confirmed.

GET AN 02 COUPE!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info