My crazy ideas

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So i have been thinking about stuff for when i go turbo and I am trying to do stuff differently. I was wondering if a air to water intercooler is worth the fab work that it needs.

Something like this
410_4.jpg

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
IDK after seeing the amount of fab work on HK's car is way to much. Im just trying to figure out if this water to air will make IAT temps that much better

none of that was actually required, you can slap the intake on there, use the L67 heads, plug the injector ports on the LIM, use a standard turbo placement, and run the intercooler lines. They went much farther than needed to dd that setup, surf clubGP, there are several cars running with a F-body or Holden intake

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
none of that was actually required, you can slap the intake on there, use the L67 heads, plug the injector ports on the LIM, use a standard turbo placement, and run the intercooler lines. They went much farther than needed to dd that setup, surf clubGP, there are several cars running with a F-body or Holden intake

:angrys00ls:

i'm thinking adam want's to keep the nice L26 upper he has on the car.

water to airs are nice, they have very low pressure drop. cold plumbing is pretty easy, and all it takes is a water pump a couple of hoses, and a front mount. You can also make it into an icebox so that temperatures can get even lower than they would with a FMIC.

I say do the water to air setup. make the frontmount invisible by using a radiator style heat exchanger. wrap the whole intercooler in heat wrap and go to town.

water is a far more effective heat transfer medium than air is. and with the limited amount of frontal open area on your car, I think it is a good solution. It is another plumbing solution to tackle, but it isn't even as complicated as running one of thse dumb sandwich ICs on the SC cars :s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• RICH17
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list