Trans help

intrigueing

Dec 11, 2010
Not sure if I'm freaking out for nothing. Got the 07 GPGT (SC) ~5K ago. When I got it it had 79K. Trans was a little dirty on the stick so the previous owner changed the fluid/filter. Used Amalie universal synthetic (was told this was good stuff and it is Dex VI compatible). I was there for the pan drop and it was not that bad (no shavings or anything - just a little black on the magnet). The previous owner said he had changed it every ~30K - and I spoke with the mechanic that did it.

At 85K the trans stick is now quite dirty. At least more dirty than I would have expected at only 6K on the fluid. Temps are usually 170's-180's but have seen a couple times where temps got slightly above 210. I'm easy on the car and do not abuse it at all.

Is this anything to worry about? Is the stick magnetic showing more than other cars? Should I swap out the fluid and filter now? Is amalie not good for our cars?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well a pan drop doesn't get all the fluid out, so the new mixed with the old and made it a little dirty. High trans temps are what they are, if it's above 210 you def need to take it easy so they can come back down. Considering getting an aftermarket cooler, they extend the life of the trans anyhow so they pay for themselves. I wouldn't be worried about any of that though, start to worry when it's slipping really bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list