need help please

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
ok so my car recently died on me and i got it towed to my house.....got it to start the other day and is throwing p0102(maf low freq)..... my afrs are in the 10-12s while idling and mt ltfts are at +26 sometime +3 (ive never seen these numbers before haha) car is running richer than dog shyt i can smell it and exhaust is moist.....if i try to drive it, it chugs and has a hard time staying running....today i have tried the following got a new lq4 and tried 2 diff ones and still same code checked for continuity on maf i only had continuity on pink n black and the resistance changed with key on and off i tested that.....new fuel pressure regulator went in changed upper o2 sensor.....changed fuel filter.....i have no idea wtf is going on unless my pcm is going wack.....i was merging onto the highway and got on it and shortly after that is when the car died the first time....car was running fine up until then....lost can anyone help me?map sensor is also good and car has no vac leaks :dunno:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
make sure you have power/ground at that pink/black wire (check across both KOEO)
TG had an LQ4 fail cause a squirrel farted on it and it took out the fuse that fed it and the AFC
he replaced the fuse and it was allll good
yellow is the signal wire, if it has power you should be able to flip the multimeter over to a Hz measure and see the maf signal.

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
ok ill check that out tonight.....if i remember right multimeter reads nothing for the yellow wire is there a fuse for this shyt anywhere or not? the aero reads hz for the maf but it hasnt been and the yellow wire is fine i checked it almost all the way through the harness.....ive also noticed the IAC makes a relay sounding clickish noise with ign on....if i unplug the map it stops or up plug the IAC.....it constantly clicks and something else sounds like its energizing......your james right? i should just get the car towed to you so you can work the magic on it lol

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
ok so the pink n black wires have contunuity but show no voltage.....black and yellow only show 5v and when i test the leads seperately.....yellow to the read lead and black to batt ground i only get 5v.....but if i hook up 12v batt to the red lead and black wire to the black lead i get 14.5v......is the yellow wire bad then? i traced it and cant find anything wrong with it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
James, i give you a lot of shit, but you are probably the #1 person for diagnosing problems. Sometimes you think just a tad big outside the box, but i knew you would be able to help him out on this. I am :nutz: right now. I give you a :bigthumb:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
me? im rusty as fuck...takes me 3 days to change a flexplate and oil pan gasket...that dude's probably got his VW bosch jetronic diesel powered honda prelude running by now while the wagon sits....

nah TG had this issue last fall...so id give him credit for breakin his shit so id have it fresh in my noggin lol

hows the flexplate? you done yet? :s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info