3800 rebuilt the SC this weekend

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I kept finding crap to fix...a day project turned to four. Took off Friday and today...

At least it's done, my old bearings and seals were toast.
Like this:
wrapkitpainted002.jpg

And a picture of my daughter in her PJ's wearing bunny ears:
wrapkitpainted001.jpg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
60-65 miles a day round trip from Bolingbrook to Melrose Park and back. Traffic is bad too, I can barely average 40 mph...it's all stop and go. Takes me 1-1.5 hours each way.

Also, my milage went up a TON by doing this mantainance. I had been averaging 22-23mpg, this morning I got 35 mpg on the way to work! Traffic was a little lighter than normal, but it should be atleast 26-28mpg in stop and go now. Guess I had a few vac leaks!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Does he DD his vogel?

yes he DDs his vogel ;)

I was defiantly falling asleep when I typed that or something, Lol.

60-65 miles a day round trip from Bolingbrook to Melrose Park and back. Traffic is bad too, I can barely average 40 mph...it's all stop and go. Takes me 1-1.5 hours each way.

Also, my milage went up a TON by doing this mantainance. I had been averaging 22-23mpg, this morning I got 35 mpg on the way to work! Traffic was a little lighter than normal, but it should be atleast 26-28mpg in stop and go now. Guess I had a few vac leaks!

Wow, very cool. Do you have a backup car, I'd be afraid of breaking a car like yours driving it daily.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

35mpg in stop and go traffic :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info