good fuel pump vendor.....TREperformance.com

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So the TRE pump should be a drop in deal in to a 97 - 00 canister?

Do they make one for a GTP? I bought the one for GN's. My canister is swiss-cheezed...w/o any pesky venturi dealio.

I had a GSS340 Walbro in there (since 2006)...had some running problems, and the wires going in were getting all melty. I nursed it for a few months by putting marvel oil in w/the gas.

The TRE is definately a China pump, but is amazinly quiet. Can't say if it's any good yet, but it pumps fuel, and it's quiet...so I guess that's good.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I had a GSS340 Walbro in there (since 2006)...had some running problems, and the wires going in were getting all melty. I nursed it for a few months by putting marvel oil in w/the gas.

:bowrofl: You're the only person in the 3800 world that gets absolutely everything out of whatever you've owned. That's so awesome. How many miles does your gtp have on it now? 180k? That stock trans needs to be put in a trophy room when you're done with it :bowdown:

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Do they make one for a GTP? I bought the one for GN's. My canister is swiss-cheezed...w/o any pesky venturi dealio.

The TRE is definately a China pump, but is amazinly quiet. Can't say if it's any good yet, but it pumps fuel, and it's quiet...so I guess that's good.
It says 97 -00 GTP so I assume

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
So what's the difference between 97-00 and later model cars? I have an '04 and will have to upgrade fuel pump sooner or later. I noticed some vendors say pump for 97-00 vehicles...

The 97-00 pumps have a venturi pump and the newer pumps do not. i have no idea what you will have as i believe the 04+ cars are returnless fuel systems that is probably different from any 97-03. (someone correct me if i am wrong)

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So what's the difference between 97-00 and later model cars? I have an '04 and will have to upgrade fuel pump sooner or later. I noticed some vendors say pump for 97-00 vehicles...

'04s are quite a bit different on how they work. On the early 97-2003 cars they used a high/low relay, fuel pressure regulator, and a return line to control fuel; during that run they eliminated the low relay at some point. On '04 and up they converted to a returnless system. Only 1 line running to the rail...and IIRC, no regulator at the rail. The volume is controlled by PWM (pulse width modulation)...a series of on/off pulses to regulate the pump. For a performance build going back to a return system would be best. You may want to check over at ClubGP 2004+ specific forum for a more definative answer on a suitable replacement to upgrade stock. I would believe a pump upgrade while keeping the stock returnless system would require the PCM to be tuned for it.

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
installed my pump today.....so quiet.....peacefulness and it pumps like a champ i dont mix the maxed out stocker thats for sure....you do have to move some pins for the fuel level sensor to the new harness but if your no an ignoramus you can figure it out....filter bag on bottom of pump was a pain to get in without ripping it off the cheap way they attached it t the pump but i got it....overall good price great pump would recommend for those not looking to spend 150$ on a pump that performs the same as this does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info