coolant loss on belt side

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
I am getting lovely red dexcrap all over the belt side of my engine on the bottom of the engine. I cant see any leak visually. I removed the coolant overflow and checked both coolant elbows, still intact. I'm guessing its a small leak on the bottom of the water pump. But before i tear this thing apart, is there any other possible culprits or things to look at? Hoses to heater core are intact as well. :angrys00ls:

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
hrrmmmm.. not the lower rad hose. block jacket drain bolt may actually make some sense it seems to be in that general area. i see the coolant spread out roughly above the oil filter. i need a new work light for under the car.. will see if i can find an inspection mirror while im at it. thanks as always James.

ps i hope its not the timing cover.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ive only seen a tc leak coolant if someone did work...ive never seen an oem tcover gasket leak...if the WP has over 50k on it start there...any coolant seepage from it will get blown rearward, and whatever gets onto the belt/pulley backsides travels from around the wp up to the tensioner then down to the PS pump, and back up to the alternator so coolant would be spread in a thin film around those area's.

id bet its the wp esp if it has a fair amount of miles

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Frank Dukes
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list