Wanna get into the 3800 scene

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
Whats my best bang for the buck. I wanna go turbo with all I have seen on here so far. Preferably something with a blown motor, this way I can save some money and change that shit out myself. Anyone know where/what I can find for cheap? I'm thinking a 2000 monte but theose are pretty step in price. If anyone knows where I can find a cheap 3800 let me know

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Anyone who has a nice car and trashes the motor knows they will get more if they drop in a new motor and sell it, so chances of finding a deal like that with a blown motor are slim as others have said

its hard to find a 3800 car thats in great shape for "cheap" cause lots and lots of people are getting into these cars for cheap DDs and seeing as they keep going for a long time, miles barely matters

HONESTLY, gtpmikes car is a deal cause you are gonna pay 3-4k for a decent stock car anyways with higher miles

I cant believe his car hasnt sold yet.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/2236912496.html

I am the second owner on this car. I am extremely saddened that I cannot keep the car and I am looking to buy something newer. The motor needs to be rebuilt. I believe a crankshaft bearing has worn down. It also needs the intake manifold gasket replaced with the correct GTP gasket because the one that I put in was the wrong one. I have the supercharge serpentine belt removed because there are two air intake ports being blocked. I told my father in law that it was the wrong gasket but he didnt pay no attention and put it in anyway. Regardless I cant put any more money into the car. I owe an Illinois Title loan at around $1500, so I just want someone to payoff the title loan and then the car is yours. Its still a great looking car and has lots of balls when the belt is on. I also just had the transmission rebuilt like 45,000 miles ago. It has some very good tires on it. Cross drilled rotors in front. Ready wired for an amplifier. I took good care of this car and I dont want to see it leave but I cant afford to put more money into it. It just hit 200k miles but the car is still a looker and a good runner. Rebuild the engine and you got a great car. Things I have done recently are, New water pump, Newer tires, Rear brakes, Front shock absorbers, New supercharged manifold gasket, 300watt Infinity speakers in the rear, needs new speakers in the front, Complete radiator flush and new Dexcool antifreeze. New thermostat, New spark plugs and wires. I have also put on a tow package that cost me over $250. Its a great car and I will shed a tear when HE leaves. The picture has some old rims on the car, the car currently has the stock rims on it

3m43p03l75O05W25U1b2qc8e3c4d2badf145f.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info