CTS-V brakes

A bit of an odd question but someone made these work on their GP and was curious to know if the brake booster would need to be changed out? The pistons are 30% smaller than the f-body brakes but I know caliper size along with the fact that you are running double the amount of pistons will increase brake pedal travel considerably. What is the best way to minimize this besides running SS brake lines? The only thing I could think of is changing out the brake booster but what would work best in this application?

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
I dont think you would need to do anything. If they'll bolt on and fit under your wheels, do it. You may need to add more fluid to fill the calipers, but I doubt you would need a bigger booster or master cylinder. I run 6 piston Wilwoods on my track car with no modifications.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I dont think you would need to do anything. If they'll bolt on and fit under your wheels, do it. You may need to add more fluid to fill the calipers, but I doubt you would need a bigger booster or master cylinder. I run 6 piston Wilwoods on my track car with no modifications.

Brakes are Hydraulic= size of pistons directly affect transfer of force and the transfer of distance. No one is saying it wouldn't work, but moving the brake pedal even an inch more than stock to apply a similar amount of movement to the caliper can mean some bad things in a heavy braking or panic situation

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I researched this a couple years ago, everything will bolt-on... there is a new thread on clubgp

only problem is how the car will be affected with the smaller pistons... and you need 18s that will clear the brakes, not sure on a spare either

LOTS of rotating mass, but ultra cool factor is there

For the same money you can get a 16" dual piston wilwood setup that bolts up and combined with a billet caliper and 2 piece rotor, drops 35lbs off the front end!

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
I researched this a couple years ago, everything will bolt-on... there is a new thread on clubgp

only problem is how the car will be affected with the smaller pistons... and you need 18s that will clear the brakes, not sure on a spare either

LOTS of rotating mass, but ultra cool factor is there

For the same money you can get a 16" dual piston wilwood setup that bolts up and combined with a billet caliper and 2 piece rotor, drops 35lbs off the front end!

I thought 17's would fit too? Certain ones anyway. Because the CTS-V spare is a 17.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I thought 17's would fit too? Certain ones anyway. Because the CTS-V spare is a 17.

Really? If GXP brakes barely fit under 17s, then 14.x CTS-V brakes are gonna cut it close on 18s, let alone 17s... then again the caliper is MUCH shallower because its 4-pot, not sliding with the connector over the top of the rotor.. hmmmm

Really? If GXP brakes barely fit under 17s, then 14.x CTS-V brakes are gonna cut it close on 18s, let alone 17s... then again the caliper is MUCH shallower because its 4-pot, not sliding with the connector over the top of the rotor.. hmmmm

Like I said, my memory is a little fuzzy on this topic, but I think someone said the spare tire from the CTS-V clears. Maybe because the offset is lower? Been months since I even read up on it lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info