front wheel bearing?

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
hardest part may be removing the part after its all unbolted because everything is rusted/coroded together...but here goes...

1..remove brake caliper bracket..you can leave the brake caliper bolted to the bracket..remove the rotor...

2..your gonna have a 34 or 36mm (someone correct me) axle nut in the center youll wanna remove..dont hit THE AXLE with a hammer because youll mushrom the threads and never get the nut back on..maybe take the ball point of a hammer and put it on the end of the axle, and hit the other end of the hammer with another hammer...

3..theres gonna be 3 bolts holding the hub to the knuckel...its easier if you turn the steering wheel one way to get the top and one side bolt out of the knuckel that go through to the hub, these are gonna be 13mm bolt heads..becareful not to strip, their in there tight...

4..turn the steering wheel the otherway and get your last 13mm bolt on the otherside...unplug your abs harness right by the hub, and start hammering the hub off outwards til it comes off...when you get it off, clean off all the corrosion in the knuckel where the hub goes and it will make installation easier..just scrape it off with a flathead or somthing..reverse procedure for installation..make sure you put your connector bracket that goes between the hb and knuckel back where it goes too..

G.L.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
Takes about 30-45 mins tops. You need a 33mm socket and I believe a 13 or 14 mm socket for the 3 bolts holding the bearing onto the spindle. I just did this and it went very quickly. The only other thing you have to remove is the brake caliper and rotor.

not bad, now i need to find a new bearing on the cheap haha, at least i think my pass side bearing is going out

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
can either try shaking the tire..put one hand on top of the tire and one hand on the bottom of the tire and try wiggling in and out..or you can jack the car up if you got a noise..use jackstands for the life of you..run the car up to whetever speed you hear it..25-35mph should be sufficient..and use a long screwdriver on the hub, and but the handle up to your ear and listen to if its growling..or you can use a long rubber hose..maybe 5/8 or 3/4

Get a few cans of BP Blaster. For those of you who don't know what this stuff is, it's a rust eating type of penetrating spray.

I used a wire wheel on my hand drill to clean everything up after everything was taken apart. Use a little WD-40 to help the new bearing slide right into place. This also helps twist it a bit to help the bolt hole line up.

Take your time and make sure you don't over tighten the hub bolts. Make sure they are all torqued down the same.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Get a few cans of BP Blaster.....

BP Blaster? :noes:

bp5.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info