Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So ive got the aerforce in colleen's car now. works fine w/ one exception.

I have one in the daytona and i used to have on in my old blue car. i dont ever remember having to run any additional wires to the unit in order to power it up when the car is keyed on or turned on (i just remember having to plug in the obd cable and badda bing). On colleen's car, the only way the gauge will turn on is if i unplug the OBD cable then plug it back in AFTER the car has been turned on.

do i have to run an additional power source? i suppose i could pull the gauge from the cubby hole in the daytona but this is an easier alternative.

aside from this, the gauge works perfect.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:fu: guess i need to run a seperate power for it to kick on on its own.

i dont remember ever having to do this w/ my old car. oh well. i still need to wire up her boost gauge so i'll just resort to unplugging the obd cable for the time being.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
need to also dick w/ the pod some more so it sits more flush w/ the dash. maybe even sand down part of the "curve" that goes over the HUD.

boost gauge is on the right but its obviously not hooked up.

5422309883_20869291c2_b.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I wouldnt think OBD is constant. You need to key on to flash and everything else. I thought that was to power the port.

My buddy had the first gen aeroforce and all it needed was OBD power. My scanmaster only needed OBD power. Maybe the newer gen aeroforces are different. :dunno:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It is... cuz you can leave your HPT scanner plugged in with the key off and it says powered on. :dunno:

Then I stand corrected. Possibly the scanmaster and older Aeorforce gauges power on and off due to data streaming instead. :dunno:

I havent kept up with Aeroforce gauges so I am not totally sure. I just know the originals only needed to be plugged into the OBD port and boom headshot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info