Running with the S/C belt off?

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I was washing the GTP tonight for the first time in three weeks. I popped the hood to wipe down the engine bay and I noticed my s/c belt was hanging off. I wonder how long it was like this too, but I guess it was going to eventually go after 127.5k miles.

Upon futher review, half of the idler pulley was torn-up and missing. I purchased a new idler pulley and s/c belt since the Gatorback was worn out. The s/c belt (non-Gatorback) was too big (forgot that I needed a smaller size due to the 3.4). Gatorbacks are all sold out near me.

Are there any concerns if I run without an s/c belt for a few days until one is delivered to my house? I am not driving the GTP this weekend and I will only need it to drive to-and-from work during the week. My trip is 17 miles each way on 4-lane country roads doing 35-55mph.

I have heard some people take their s/c belts in the winter to reduce power, but I want to make sure I am not going to hurt anything.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Return the pulley and get a 90mm one (3.5")...and keep the belt.

Won't hurt anything, I had one snap on me on the highway even and caused no damage. (I had a squirrel nest in my engine, and she partially chewed through the belt)...I stopped parking the car there, and the squirrel moved in under my wife's hood. I ended up extracting 4 live baby squirrels!

Oh yeah...get a gates x2...GB's suck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info