Can I improve from Autolite 104s?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've always ran the 104s because they're cheap and they work. I'm wondering if there are other plugs that offer a similar heat range with better gas mileage, or if the colder heat range and mileage is just something I'll have to deal with regardless of plug maker.

Mods now are 3.4 pulley, headers, CAI, modded stock rockers, DHP 1.0, catless DP and racetronix FP rewire.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
on nitrous I have heard AL104s burn before the pistons. NGKs don't.

I think NGK is a better plug, but more expensive. if you change em out every 6000 miles like I do I just use 104s/103s

NGKs are $1.99 a plug....and seem to last longer than ALs (from my own experience.) Their part number is 4177. If you order from Advance Auto you get 20% off.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
"The TR55 is recommended for GTs. It can be used on near stock GTPs but we recommend a colder plug for boosted applications.

The TR6 is our most popular plug. It is well suited for 3.4" pulley'd Grand Prix. This plug will give you full mileage and doesn't require any special precautions for use.

When eliminating KR is top priority, when changing your plugs every 6k miles isn't an issue, or when you must push the limits of performance the TR8 race plug does the trick. It is 4 heat ranges colder than stock.

http://zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=240

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info