E85

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
You're gonna need a tune to run E85. 60lbs should be ok depending on mods. If you have the original fuel ump, you might want to replace it and do the FP rewire at the sametime. You are going to increase the fuel demands of the pump by 30-33%. I killed the stock pump on my 03 SSEi with E85 the first year(~70k on the stocker). I upgraded to the Racetronix pump and rewire from PRJ. It took care of the problem.

As for your GTP being a 2000, you have the metal tank and lines. You should be ok. You should have someone check out the lines and tank for corrosion before hand. If they are in good shape, I wouldn't worry about it.

HTH

EDIT: x2 on the fuel filter. You'll want to change it after the 1st-2nd tank and then once a year.

EDIT 2: Link to fuel pump and rewire. http://www.prjperformance.com/

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
dont forget the most important part needed to run E85....

IMG_0470.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I went 12.2@113mph on a stock pump/wiring with E85. Red car ran E85 2 years now, stock pump, hasn't shown any signs of failing also on stock wiring. I don't think his mods are enough to warrant a pump, maybe a rewire down the road though. It wouldn't hurt to eventually get a pump or have a spare stocker in case you're one of the unlucky ones that kills a stock pump.

Larz01

Minnesota Mojo
Dec 15, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
The 63.2 are a must have. 10 sec knows the goods. I went with an ebay 255 pump 80 shipped (same as the zzp one) and rewire. Went with 04 flex tahoe filter. Wideband is a must. Did my own tune. Scaled IFR down for injector size on gas than added 35% back, then maf tuned. Pretty easy actually. I have been running for a year, definitely cranks hard in winter- due to poor atomization, but car still start and drives in -15 below weather here. I going to switch back next winter because I don't like filling my car every other day in sub freezing weather. Right know IPW are 14 and running 65psi on the rail, I like running rich 11-10.5 on gas calibration cause I'm non-intercooled and Mo' torque.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, I don't think I can add much here that hasn't already been said...but it's a good idea to replace the pump. It might be OK, but a hundo or so for a pump to be safe is cheaper than a hole in a piston, so why take the chance.

The reason for the filter change is that e85 is like a really good cleaner...and it will flush all the crap out of your tank. Change the FF early and often...in fact I would replace the filter twice a year using the Tahoe filter. The Tahoe filter has to be run in reverse (flow is in opposite direction than intended), but it works. I've had them fall apart internally in one season, so now I'm over cautious about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info