3800 2011 planning thread.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
So, lets discuss this you guys. There's some talk of BIG meets and some cool treats.

First topic, calling out MICGP in all their glory. The goal here is to make Illinois (AKA TCG) the home of the worlds fastest 3800's. That, and we really need to push their shit in.

Second, how about some ideas for dyno days, meets, and track days? PANDA usually organizes these festivities but he can't always think of places to go on his own. Post some up, give some feedback.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I will be organizing a big spring/summer/fall 3800 meet. The spot in Hoffman Estates worked well so might try that again. If not something a bit more south. Might even try a winter 3800 meet. A dyno/tuning session will probably happen with a few of us. I myself do not know what direction I am taking my car yet.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I think the meet up north was perfect, this way the Wisc. guys didn't have to drive further south. It was pretty stand up of them to even attend the meet in the first place. But now the word is out we hold some bad ass meets so maybe even more will attend. We have to do a 3800 track day as well. All 3800's, doesn't have to be a rent out, but we can get a hold of them before hand and let them know a bunch of tired, over weight, iron 3800 powered pieces of crap will be attending and maybe they'll give us a lane or two.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
What i was thinking, was a friendly call out, no shit talking. Get as many people as we can from 10second cars to 16second cars, have a HUGE meet. Then, when we all get there, then we'll find everyone and beat them up. :rofl: j/k j/k.

For real...

-Friendly call out
-Get as many 3800's as possible
-Meet at US 41 aka NO LIMIT SPEEDWAY
-Have lots of fun, beer, shit talking, etc.
-Probably be a fall meet, but set up early in the year so EVERYONE has plenty of time to request off work and take care of broken shit.

For the rules of who's faster, we'll take an average of all cars from each state and whoever has the lowest average # wins. If they cheat and only bring up fast cars like the tools they are, then we'll take our top # of cars they have and do it that way. Hopefully they don't play stupid games like that, but if they do, we'll have something for them don't worry.

Comments people?

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
"good 3800s" :rofl: the average GN out there really isn't much faster than some of our 3800 FWD cars are going around here. people you read about like turbocliff and Daturbo6 are on the rather fast end of things. I would bet I'm gonna get torn up by a few FWD 3800s this year.

plus, the LC2 was NOT called a 3800 engine ever. it was the 3.8.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
What i was thinking, was a friendly call out, no shit talking. Get as many people as we can from 10second cars to 16second cars, have a HUGE meet. Then, when we all get there, then we'll find everyone and beat them up. :rofl: j/k j/k.

For real...

-Friendly call out
-Get as many 3800's as possible
-Meet at US 41 aka NO LIMIT SPEEDWAY
-Have lots of fun, beer, shit talking, etc.
-Probably be a fall meet, but set up early in the year so EVERYONE has plenty of time to request off work and take care of broken shit.

For the rules of who's faster, we'll take an average of all cars from each state and whoever has the lowest average # wins. If they cheat and only bring up fast cars like the tools they are, then we'll take our top # of cars they have and do it that way. Hopefully they don't play stupid games like that, but if they do, we'll have something for them don't worry.

Comments people?

then go to Traxx for pizza after we race

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info