HID question

98dustingtp

Regular
Oct 18, 2010
waukesha
I have HID's in my fog lights along with headlights along with the upgraded harness. It seems like when my car is cold, or the lights are cold it takes them approx 3min to turn on. The lights are new as of spring, and this has never happened before until these past couple weeks in cold wisconsin. Does anyone else have this problem or know something i can do to get rid of this problem. Im just thinking about buying new hids soon.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I had this problem last year and I went through all my wiring, put grease on all the plugs, double checked my grounds and moved the relays to a nice dry location under the hood. On my harness the fuse holder sucked so I solidered in new weather inline fuses and everything has been fine

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I have HID's in head lights and fog lights with seperate relays, and now my fogd turn on with no issue and my head lights won't work. I need to quickly turn the head lights on then off for them to eventually tuen on... its annoying.

Do they need to warm up?
Should I try turning them on and leaving on to see if they fire up?

*maybe I have the same issue

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I think everyone that buys cheap hid's on ebay has this problem, which is mostly because they're CHEAP EBAY GARBAGE :rofl: what do you expect? I know i had this problem on both my cars, and many others that have the same. Sometimes these fixes above work, but to get these to work in the cold, would require you to pay more than $40 for them. that's the big fix.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i had that problem w/ the daytona when me and mike were out in it. lights were working great then at the end of the night, refused to turn back on. after it sat all night in the blistering cold, i pulled the car in the garage the next morning, and the lights fired right up.

that was the first time theyve ever done that (taking in mind ive only owned the car about a month).

my fog lights turn on immediately (also hids).

so in closing, im of no help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info