Going through oil?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Everything's good in the blower...so I still have no idea what that noise is. Found the coolant issue awhile ago that was an external leak, still clueless on the oil thing though. I'm pretty sure none of the gaskets in that engine are even two years old yet.

New Gaskets can leak, I don't see what <2 years old has to do with anything :dunno:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Actually. I did a little experiment and am running a OEM gasket on the rear cover, and a ZZP one on the front... and neither are leaking. I do need to replace those little rubber grommet deals on the valve cover bolts as they are leaking a wee bit there though.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
PCV is just about new, but they're only a few dollars so it's worth a shot.

Doesn't mean the $3 at autozone you put it wasn't bad when you got it.

How long have you been top swapped? How many miles on your engine? Your heads? Did you change valve seals or just slap some stock l67 heads on?

Like dan said oil is going somewhere and if it's not an exterior leak then it's most likely being burnt in the combustion chamber.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
PCV is just about new, but they're only a few dollars so it's worth a shot.

bingo, get one from the dealer or reinstall your oem unit, aftermarket pcv valves seem to be pretty hit or miss as far as proper spring rate/valving (even highly skilled chinese babies can screw up assembly)

were your VC gaskets dark grey/blue/orange or black as zoomer?
the black ones are rubber and harden and leak after a few months always replace the grommets, they are the only point where the bolts hold down the vc and if the grommets are old/compressed it no longer clamps very well.

valve seals on the intake side is a common suction point but so are the adjacent crankcase passages to the intake ports...did the gasket surfaces get cleaned with those rotary abrasive pads?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info