so, not sure how this is even possible.....

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am working on the GTX today installing my steel braided fuel lines and moving and cleaning up some wires and while I am under the car I notice that my GMPP sway bar is rubbing my engine cradle. It is not touching while I have the car on jack stands but when I lower the car on the wheels the wheels the sway bar rolls downward and rubs the cradle. This rubbing is only on the passenger side between the center of the car and the cradle mount. I am going to wrap the sway bar with a old rad hose or something as a test and see if it makes a differance. Any ideas on this one? Why would it be rubbing? I am gonna guess this is where my vibration noise is coming from and my crazy random spikes or KR.

I ill post pics in a bit when they upload from my phone.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Rub mark on sway bar
IMG00023-20101128-1331.jpg

Rub mark on cradle
IMG00022-20101128-1331.jpg

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
motor mount and everything looks good. Panda, what did you do to fix your bar hitting the cradle?
I tried to move the sway bar back like James said to do and I got maybe a 1/16 inch on the pass side and nothing on the drivers side.
The car does need control arm bushings but they are not really all they bad yet....Just starting to seperate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info