PS leak..

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I had a PS leak and it use to be a regular occurence to fill it up every 5 months (would start whining) or so, slow slow leak.. now today it must have gotten MUCH worse since its now basically empty, hard to turn, and there is splatter all over the belts, left side of the engine, and the fire blanket on the hood. Any ideas what it might be? I have to tow it (AAA) because its damn near impossible to turn and losing fluid pretty quickly. Hard to refill too because of the damn design otherwise I'd risk it.

Hoping for the cheapest out come but expecting the worst.

Is there a PS cooler on these? I saw some PS fluid leaking by the front airdam, but wasnt sure if that was because it was just ALL over.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
so you dont have power assist at all? even after topping off the fluid?
ive had more than a few 2nd gen saginaw pumps shear the pump shaft at the srive splines, if you remove the belt or just loosen it a bit pull outward on the pulley and most times you can just pull the pulley and shaft outta the pump body completly.

this or the front seal are the only pump failures ive come across that spread fluid everywhere by way of the belt/pulley

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list