What do you guys think of this?

http://tinyurl.com/236rswr
I went and looked at it Saturday. The rear bumper no longer has the scuff in it and its been repainted. One of the rims had a slight bit of curb rash and there were some normal scratches around it especially by the key hole but no dents or anything else. Car is really clean inside and out. It's out of my price budget of what I wanted to spend but I need a new car really soon and this one looked very nice. I want to test drive it before I make any decisions but do you guys think if I got it for 12k out the door with tax/title/license it would be a decent deal? I know that's expensive to most of you guys for a 3800 but I'm not looking for another rusty 97-03 with high miles that I'll have to be constantly throwing money at and will only last me a couple of years. I want something that can last me more than 5 or 6 years as a daily and seeing as my GT has 150k+ on it now I could see that happening if I kept up with the maintenance. Oh and it still has one year left of the bumper to bumper warranty fwiw.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Holy crap, just noticed the price, would be a great car and this is coming from someone that owns 2 gp's. I would never pay that much for a gp. Ever. Just sayin. There are so many other cars out there that you can get for less $ that are just as fun to drive.

Holy crap, just noticed the price, would be a great car and this is coming from someone that owns 2 gp's. I would never pay that much for a gp. Ever. Just sayin. There are so many other cars out there that you can get for less $ that are just as fun to drive.

I'm not really looking for fun as much as reliability and this thing I think could be my daily driver for as long as 10 years if not more if I keep it in good shape. The way I see it if I bought it would be like a long term investment cause by the time this would get paid off I'd be looking at getting a project car like an ls1 or a cobra or something and then this thing would still have a lot of life left in it to be a daily.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Ive seen this on CL for a little while now:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ctd/2074196884.html

A 2000 Buick Regal GSE Supercharged car is for sale. Fully loaded with leather bucket seats, moonroof, top of the line Monsoon CD Stereo system, climate control, steering wheel audio controls, dual power seats, power windows, power locks, cruise control, tilt, traction control and fog lights! Great on gas at 30mpg highway. New brakes, front axle, tie rod, ball joint and control arm bushings. Beautiful car. Clean CarFax report. Runs and drives perfect, needs nothing! Very fast! Only 84,000 miles. Vehicle inspected per the State of Wisconsin. $4,495 and a warranty is included in the price. No additional charges. Trade-Ins accepted.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

tinyurl blocked at work. I just looked on my phone.

Thats pretty expensive... Ive seen quite a few 04 GTPs with 100K on them for like under 7K asking price. There is one on clubgp for 7K modded with a VS cam. You can almost buy two of those for this asking price. lol Ive actually considered upgrading to 04+. Are you looking into buying ONLY a low mile car?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yes I would like a lower mileage car.

I hear you with lower mileage, especially as low as the car you posted. Take it from me, I bought my 02 gtp with "low" miles 3 years ago. If i could do it all over again I would have bought the other one I liked that had 140,000miles on it and cost almost $4k less. Especially since all the low mileage stuff I wanted isn't even in the car anymore, new motor, trans, axles, motor mounts, fuel lines, pump, etc. Do whatever you want, all we can offer is our personal opinions and points. :dunno:

And no, i would never post like that on CGP. F-them.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yes I would like a lower mileage car.

Id be more worried with rust than low miles. Low miles also does not equal less problems. Hell I think the cars I bought with "low miles" had more issues/required more parts to be replaced etc. Save some money and buy one with 60-80K. Or drive south a bit and get a rust free car.

If you like that 05. Id offer the dealer 9-10K. OTD

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info