going intercooled, which cam or rockers????

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
If you aren't doing and "fringe" mods, on average a rocker/ic car is going to run 12.8 to 13 flat in the 1/4 mile, and a mild cam/IC will run 12.4 to 12.6 in the 1/4 mile. Just be aware these are average, but a decent ballpark. Is the extra expense for the power involved worth it for you?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
with 1.9 rockers dont i have to change some stuff, and is there a difference between 1.9s and 1.95s?? Im most likely leaning towards the rockers, and which ones do you guys prefer to use?? thanks again

Modded stockers, don't bother with a higher lift...total waste...even 1.9 is a little bigger than needed. You can use stock springs on stock modified if they are lower mile springs.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'd rather have a cam over rockers. Huge difference IMO. I don't think the numbers are comparable at all, most rocker'd cars run mid high 13's, and most cammed cars are in the high 12's and faster. Cam>rockers. If you do go with rockers, you'll regret the choice soon after. Just like everyone else.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah that's true, the only people that defend the SSIC as being a "good" i/c are the people that bought one. They'll never admit they made a dumb decision so they'll just get pissed defending themselves. If you want high 12's, then rockers would be fine, but you'll need a tune. But you won't want just high 12's, we've all said that. I said that, my user name used to be 12secsomeday, then 11secsomeday, and now as you can see, i still haven't stopped. Just saying.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
you also need to realize the extra costs and time involved with a cam. is the motor coming out of the car for the intercooler swap? if not, I'd tend to suggest rockers... just my opinion.

However I definitely believe the cam is a better overall upgrade. Ask Heavykevy how my non-IC/S1x car drove compared to his IC/Rocker setup ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info