Went to the Dyno on sunday...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Well, had to do something with the car before the end of the season so hit the dyno on sunday, results are going to make it a long winter to wait til spring!

403whp @ 5400 rpms

15 psi, 11.3 AFR, 15* timing on pump 93

Tommy Gloves is the tuning master for this car ;)

403whp.jpg

Finally figured out the issue, you can clearly see what is happening when the car is getting at 5400+rpms, just stops making power and the engine feels like its just hovering there (not valve float with 130# springs)... its a valvetrain issue, going to need to get some shorter pushrods i believe, james will chime in soon I suspect... glad we could get to teh dyno and sort this out

Can't wait to even get to run to 6200rpms and actually keep that hp line climbing with the issue worked out and still 15-17psi on 93, little leaner, little more timing

After that, when e85 is back available, its gonna be happy times @ 20+ psi :smile:

heres a vid too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fji_3tH00BE

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Dyno graph is already on it's way down though, i really don't think it would continue making power anyways. Not saying your problem isn't a problem, but running it to 6200rpm's might not help make more power. IDK... you need an st5, that's like one of the few cams that makes power past 6k, all others die right around 5500-5600, our heads SUCK ass.

But damn nice numbers on pump and i'm assuming a very safe tune.

And one more question, did you buy the 130's new? I have an odd feeling you guys couldn't say for sure those are 130's. :io:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Dyno graph is already on it's way down though, i really don't think it would continue making power anyways. Not saying your problem isn't a problem, but running it to 6200rpm's might not help make more power. IDK... you need an st5, that's like one of the few cams that makes power past 6k, all others die right around 5500-5600, our heads SUCK ass.

But damn nice numbers on pump and i'm assuming a very safe tune.

And one more question, did you buy the 130's new? I have an odd feeling you guys couldn't say for sure those are 130's. :io:

I'll send you the scan from the run and when you match it up to the mph #s you can see what is happening... dyno in third and we wanted the longest chart we could for scan as well to see what is happening...

130s were BRAND NEW from zzp, marked on the box as such as well, so no dispute there

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
ok, well that solves that variable, thank god. You try loading in a completely different tune, load in maf settings, load in IFR table, and see what happens? Someone is missing something somewhere :rofl: holy hard problem to figure out.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Thats what? 15ish less HP with 2 less cylinders from a certain turbo V8? :io:

Hrmmm he has 1.8 more liters, 2 more cylinders, and a bigger turbo then me. I'm AWD and I put more power down then him what does that say!? HP numbers dont mean shit! Who cares of a turbo v8 only put down 400 RWHP or this Regal put down 400 FWHP it's still a high hp modified car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info