3800 Questions

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
1. Fog Lights

I tried putting some HID's in the fog lights. I had one working, then switched to the other, and then neither would work. The switch inside the car doesn't light up and the the fog lights won't even work with stock bulbs. I checked the big fuse under the hood, and it fine. Where do I start?

2. Low Coolant light

Periodically comes on then turns off and has been staying on more than often. I've heard the sensor could get clogged up and unplugging it would solve that issue. I didn notice the car gets up to 210* when at idle otherwise iirc its at 180* if I was low on coolant, wouldn't I overheat? Is it as simple as unplugging it?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just ignore the light. Double check coolant levels then forget about it.

The gf's gtp does the same thing.

X2. My GP and Regal did this. Happened more with changing weather and cold weather. I would make sure the overflow bottle is at correct levels. All I did.

Check to see if there are other fuses that control the fogs as well.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
So i'm just taking a shot into space here... You're going to have HID headlights AND HID fog lights right? Just promise me one thing, being the guy that might have to pass you on a 2 lane road, AIM the fog lights DOWN, so they're not doubling the already annoyingly bright headlights. Just sayin...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Did you check this fuse? 17 and 35?

fuse-relay-panel-diagram.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info