IC Help

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
So i got this front mount and i dont get how to mount it to the car. Anyone know anything?

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03683.jpg

But what i dont get it it didnt come with bolt and when i hold it to where i think it goes the middle bar on the IC has nothing to mount to

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
or completly disassemble them, engrave the layers with location, clean em good and then use a full can or two of copper spray.

they are designed for a smoother finish than the RA that GM machined the block and heads too

This is why I wouldn't use them, you're taking them apart to make them work. Terrible idea IMO.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
This is why I wouldn't use them, you're taking them apart to make them work. Terrible idea IMO.

not really, anything "out of the box" should be diassembled and cleaned

nothing mass produced is ever really clean, as long as you mark the layer locations it's all good, each layer self registers with the alignment dowels

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
like this. drop a bolt through each of the two holes in the bumper support. put a nut on it. tighten. boom. i had to open up the lower mounting tabs with a dremel a bit. because they only allow for some skinny little bitch bolts as they are now. and then for the hood latch support tab, i just put a big screw through it. just play around with it. it will line up.

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
like this. drop a bolt through each of the two holes in the bumper support. put a nut on it. tighten. boom. i had to open up the lower mounting tabs with a dremel a bit. because they only allow for some skinny little bitch bolts as they are now. and then for the hood latch support tab, i just put a big screw through it. just play around with it. it will line up.

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

Thanks man you have any pics of the middle bracet on the IC where it mounted on the car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info