swapping motors

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i take it the 02's drivetrain is toast motor and trans?

dep on condition of the bushings and rubber items, toe rod ends rack/etc/ where the damage is, you could do a whole cradle swap or just the motor and trans, both is fairly straightforward, if your hoist is good enough you can swap the motor/trans as a unit if you pull the master off/rad fans/rear manifold. suprizingly you can swap in a cummins in a week unlike honda's, seriously give some more details and i or any of the other nutjobs here can provide pointers/options, like L67 topend swap if the motor needs lim gaskets anyways, camit, and all our other wacky shenanigans

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
all i know is so far is that the 98 is totalled but it had only 50k on it and the 02 that we want to put the motor and trans in has 150k, he just wants to be able to drive the 02 with the motor and trans that has less miles, but i will get more info from him

Unless the motor has problems, it isn't really worth it, with maintenance 3800's last forever, hold on to the 50k motor, but not worth the swap unless the 02 motor/trans has significant problems

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info