shoulda gone faster

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
had more in the launch....3.3 was on instead of a 3.2....ill come backk again with no seats and dr's and run 12's :)

100_4372.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Nice again man, glad the 15min tune we did on your car netted a pretty damn nice ET. We're planning on going again nov. 13th for the "who's running 10's first" race, you should come along. This time with the 3.2 and i'll be there to put some more timing into the car. :bigthumb: Maybe i'll let you borrow my slicks for a couple runs since they probably weigh about 30lbs (each) less than your current wheels.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, but it's a Gen V with a 3.3 pulley, really not much of a difference over a gen 3. That and I left a lot to gain with his tune. Car will do 12's on lighter wheels alone. I can't believe it trapped what it did with those huge wheels. :dunno:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Yeah, but it's a Gen V with a 3.3 pulley, really not much of a difference over a gen 3. That and I left a lot to gain with his tune. Car will do 12's on lighter wheels alone. I can't believe it trapped what it did with those huge wheels. :dunno:

oh great 3.8 liter god, how on earth did you proclaim in your all-knowingness that a 3.3 on a genV is not much difference over a gen3 your royal highness

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Because it's not :dunno: Ask D, he hasn't gone faster on his Gen V. All of you people are brainwashed to think it's SOOO much better, you're all crazy.

There you have it, the all mighty Gen V isn't as all mighty as everyone thinks. Nobody even knows, they just assume 20hp, but have no idea where that number came from and why. I :rofl: to everyone that worships it.

so your also saying that a genV with a 2.8 isnt gonna give any gains over a 2.8 on a gen3? even ported?

I did go faster with the GenV over the GenIII. with equivalent pulley sizes.

but only barely. my 60' time was much better in my best pass.

gained probably 1.5-2 mph trap

:eek:rly: and he had a lower 60 yet his traps increased?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
it would be better to have setback blowers.
even at larger pulleys the g5 is more efficient, there's no way the g3 can be ported to what the g5 start at.

it may not be much with the bigger pulleys, but lower outlet temps and better air flow are gonna be found on the g5 esp up at the top of each gear

plus g5's magically bring out the clitter glitter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info