P0102 - Bad maf?

Scudman64

Regular
May 24, 2007
Beecher, IL
oh, and this is off topic. but.. autozone is not allowed to shut off ses lights, technically, its a fellony. only shops that are emissions certified with the state may shut off ses lights. autozone CAN do it. but they can face large fines if caught.
i can shut off lights, i have a scanner that will do it. need it done? come talk to me.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
did you mess with the MAF or anything around it recently? Before the code was thrown?...if so make sure your wires are all in place around your connections and nothing is loose or broken.

No. I havent touched anything under the hood for weeks... Unless when i was washing the car i got water on the air filter. Shit thats what it must have been. I was blasting the cowel with the hose. I started the car a little while later.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Code is cleared.

Damn bad news. As soon as I left the driveway the light came back on. Looks like its new maf time...

Once again thanks for clearing the code :)

And now that I think of it, Do you think it could be the alternator failing? The code came up as low voltage to the maf. I wonder if its something electrical rather than the maf itself? What do you think?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I checked the alternator today.

While running the alternator was pushing 14.2 ~ volts. The battery was also running at 14.2 ~ while running. The battery had 12.5 ~ volts while the engine was not running.

I then checked the 3 wire plug that goes to the maf. I used Pink as my positive and the middle Black as my ground. I also tested using just the pink wire and using a ground elsewhere (chassis). Every single time the multimeter read 14.2 ~ volts. Never once could I get anything remotely close to 5v. Was I doing something wrong?

Im guessing bad maf. The alternator seems fine.

(~ = give or take a few 0.X volts)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info