So main mods
Race trans
L26 block
XP cam
Gen V
Headers
3.3 pulley
poly upper mounts

If I do a pull from a stop and roll into the gas nice so I do not put the tires up in smoke I get 0 kr most of the time and I happy with what I see and I can keep stuff under control

The problem is that when I am part throttle to pass some one, slam the gas so the trans down shifts, or anything like that I get 6 to 12 degrees or kr. I have re tunes this car 100 times, different pulleys, adjusting timing and I can not get this KR to go away.
Where should I start looking?
Maybe this is false KR?

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Did previous dude fucker with the trans settings in the tune? The quick answer is that the TCC is staying engaged too long. I dont have my laptop in front of me, but you can tune it down so it disengages quicker. Downside to this is that if you are pulling up a hill, it may disengage (almost feels like a shift) and the RPM's jump up. If you can deal with that bit, you can reduce the TCC settings. I'll go through my file and see what mine are set to.

Another option is to dramatically lower the timing commanded at low RPM/high load situations.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Did previous dude fucker with the trans settings in the tune? The quick answer is that the TCC is staying engaged too long. I dont have my laptop in front of me, but you can tune it down so it disengages quicker. Downside to this is that if you are pulling up a hill, it may disengage (almost feels like a shift) and the RPM's jump up. If you can deal with that bit, you can reduce the TCC settings. I'll go through my file and see what mine are set to.

Another option is to dramatically lower the timing commanded at low RPM/high load situations.

Yes. and I switched the trans setting back to my old tune from two years ago but with out a intercooler this may be the problem. LMK what yours is set to to e mail me the bin and I will text you my e mail address.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
how much does the motor move shifting from rev to drive with the throttle held at a high idle? never hurts to make sure all the mounts are sound

btw that t chain should be at your place today or tomarrow at the latest...i mailed it at 130ish yesterday

Never looked at how much the engine is really moving around
The mounts and every thing has 100K on them so it would ot hurt to change them

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
are you a perf biased or comfort biased person?, urethane or filling the oem engine/trans mounts
we got rid of a bit of al's kr with the all urethane setup, the rest we got rid of with changes to PE/rpm/time since he was running pig rich up top. you have WB input or are you just narrowband?

send me your current bin/logs since i CAN play with the awesome known as powrtuner

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
no HPT, I am working with DHP stuff

DHP > HPT :nutz:

Do you have Tiny Tuner for bin editing? There is a spark modifier table that can be used to lower timing when the TCC is engaged. I cured the KR problem on my cars with that.

Another thing to try from a cruise, let off the gas all the way and then mash the gas. (Letting off the gas unlocks the TC.) It should downshift and go. If you get less KR, it is more than likely the loading from the TC is the culprit. You might also need some AE.

Tiny Tuner Stuff:
Table Modifier (Scan Data Thingy) -> http://theblattners.com/projects/tablemodifier/Default.html
The Tiny Tuner -> http://theblattners.com/Projects/TinyTuner/default.html
Binary Editor (used to add tables for the Tiny Tuner)->http://theblattners.com/Projects/BinaryEditor/default.html

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I will try tommys suggestion tonight and see what happens and try to figure out if the TC is not unlocking and causing a high load on the engine. I will have to get my friends laptop and email the files to tommy and see what he comes up with.

Filling the mounts with urathane is not a bad idea either, might be another winter projects lol.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I wish I had 500 KR
2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500KR-15.jpg

haha bad joke, right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info