ZZP "solid" motor mount *pics*

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Obviously filled with fluid. Conveniently broken 2 months out of warranty. About a year old. Although Turbo Tim is nice enough to send me a new one once I send this back. :fy:

2mmsk9d.jpg

2lxil49.jpg

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
IIRC didnt 02bluegt do something like fill a mount with RTV or something? How did that go?

THIS^^^ Drill 4 holes, drain out the oil..... blast with Brake parts cleaner.... Fill with RTV (or polyurethane if you want) and BAM, Solid mount

PS, ZZP sells a Poly motor mount now

Edit: Thought I had pics, but it seems that James has all of them

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, I was just at NAPA for a solid mount...guy at the counter probably thought I was nuts making him go back and forth picking mounts for me to shake. Out of 3 solid boxes, only 1 didn't make noise like there was fluid inside when I shook it.

Has there been any feeback yet on the ZZP poly engine mounts? I installed a few of the poly's they made for the trans side, and the way they were constructed didn't look all that robust.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Yeah, I was just at NAPA for a solid mount...guy at the counter probably thought I was nuts making him go back and forth picking mounts for me to shake. Out of 3 solid boxes, only 1 didn't make noise like there was fluid inside when I shook it.

Has there been any feeback yet on the ZZP poly engine mounts? I installed a few of the poly's they made for the trans side, and the way they were constructed didn't look all that robust.

The napa ones that don't make noise are hollow with no fluid..... at least the one or two that I saw

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
was this what was causing the trumpet sound? :rofl:

HK always talking shit...

The mounts are all the same. Even the "solid" mounts have a void in them for the fluid. So there is nothing to gain by having any of the "solid" mounts on the market.

I kinda figured that, I guess this one will also break, just not leak fluid on my driveway.

News to me...I think eventually the energy suspension dealio is going on my car when I re-mod it.

re-mod? :noes::noes::noes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info