TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It looks pretty but judging by the pictures, performance is going to be lacking. They have no way of testing it so their claims have to be based on information the manufacturer of the core gave them. Let me tell you, the manufacturers of cores promise you the world. Griffen promised us our 3" bar and plate core would outperform anything. It barely outperformed the original ILGPC core...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah i saw that dave, its what pissed me off

why spend all that time on a design which is perfectly suitable for a single pass

the only way to improve our ic's is single pass, as it is currently it's a crapshoot, which cylinders you want to get more of the cooler air from the ic coolant inlet.

tried and true is the best but i think a bar and plate core would at least show a decent air temp drop if it wasnt hindered by dbl pass...

wasnt there someone who turned a heater core unit into a single pass on club gp?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What gets me about this...I don't know if this is the same guy or not...but that same design was done back in 2003-2004 by some guy that wanted to make his own core. I don't remember if his core was welded in or not, but everything else looks the same.

Only way to improve upon what's already out there is making a whole new LIM, and incorporating the IC into it. There's a ton of room to drop the floor of the LIM into the lifter valley...probably fit a 4" core under the hood, have a bigger plenium, and shorter runners... even running the head coolant holes to external hoses would cool things down a bunch. THAT would be kickass.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, but people are already maxing out blowers with the smaller i/c's we already have. It would be a waste of time/money. We don't need better i/c's, we need better blowers IMO.

I actually don't think so...IMHO the manifold is really hurting high HP set-ups, and the blower can go a lot farther if that's corrected.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
But that SAME manifold on the STOCK heads gets these cars to go 10's all day with a turbo. So clearly the blower needs to be fixed. 10sec wins!

Uhh, no. The increased plenium volume without the blower guts is a huge advantage for a turbo set-up...boosted apps in general benefit from it.

I'm not saying a turbo won't make more power, but don't discount blowers. AFAIK, I haven't really seen anyone really push a build...they are mostly garden variety that show the same results. I'd like to see wild cams, notched pistons, long-stroke, 12.1 or better compression, E85 build. You can move enough air with a 3.0 Pulley to easliy power 450-500hp if the build was dialed in right. Be popping headgaskets left and right without some serious mods though.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hmm... yea... I think getting rid of the blower and adding a much better power adder would be the wiser choice instead of wasting a crap load of money on a motor that's just going to pop anyways. Stock motor, 130# springs, Cam, and turbo will get 10's. Lets see that list of parts it takes for the m90 to get there?... You can even add nitrous for free, won't go against the list.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info