returning 3800 newb

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
okay so I bought the GTX back last weekend and it has been demodded some and I am having a huge KR problem. I have forgotten a lot in the 2.5 years that the car has been gone but it is slowly coming back to me. So I have an L26 block, stock L32 heads, XP cam, double roller chain, 105 lb springs. No intercooler, stock gen 3 blower and throttle body and a .......................3.0 pulley lol. That is exactly the way I bought the car back. The tune is wack right now too. -12.5 LTFT at WOT and I am not sure on the timing because the car gets like 9 degrees or KR.

I am thinking a bigger pulley and some time with the tuner should fixed this KR up.
Or just fuck it and intercool the car and say bye bye to KR
I am gonna go by some new plugs because they are cheap so what brand and what gap pluigs are people running now a days?
Now another thing is that I have a timing commander and I forgot what you are suppose to do to the air temp spark table to get the damn thing working correctly.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
turbo,

no wait, TWIN CHARGE to get rid of the KR

:rofl: no seriously congrats, that was a beast of a car!

ill have to look at my old pcm files for the timing happy knob, basically you put in timing values for a given rpm based on whatever temp you set the knob at and then use that row in the pcm bin file

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Yeah, hate to say it...but that thing needs an IC. If you want to go cheep..then just do E85 and it's all good. At least if you decide later to IC it you'll have the fuel system (beefed up) for it.

The thing about E85 is that there are almost no gas stations out here with E85 pumps:fu:

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
3.4 pulley on 93 and get it tuned OR get an i/c. I'll bet with actual tuning you'll do a lot better than you did 2.5 years ago. :dunno: Going to the track in October/November? :pedobear:

You serious about a 3.4 pulley with XP cam and headers?
I ws hoping to go with a 3.25 but I guess it does not really matter all that much

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well 93 octane blows balls, you'll never get any timing out of it with a 3.25 PLUS, you have high compression, not good for small pulley's on pump gas. If you want to go E85, then that's a whole other animal, but i wouldn't go smaller than 3.25 with E85 either. The 3.25 with an actual tune on E85 would walk all over the 3.0 pulley and a tune i'll put money on that. If you toss on an i/c again this conversation would be different. Therefore make up your mind, an i/c or turbo kit. :noes:

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
turbo,

no wait, TWIN CHARGE to get rid of the KR

:rofl: no seriously congrats, that was a beast of a car!

ill have to look at my old pcm files for the timing happy knob, basically you put in timing values for a given rpm based on whatever temp you set the knob at and then use that row in the pcm bin file

I am pretty sure that with the Caspers timing know I just 0 out the whole table and the timing know does the work. It know adjust from -7 to +7 and it does not go off of temp from what I see.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Awww shit :nutz:

I like that car, its great that you bought it back. I try to keep in touch with the people who bought my cars, even asked to buy my TA back LOL.

If the IC and Gen V is gone already I wouldn't even fuck with gen 3 M90 shit. Buy that $1500 cartuning kit HK talked about. For now I would just start with a fresh tune and work on it. Put a 3.2 on it to start tuning. Does it have the same tune on it from when you had it, or did ZZP get ahold of the car?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
no GMR 1 inch chain
bad for turbo?

7/8's chain plenty for what we do, into the 10's would require a 1" chain, but that's still arguable. The 60-1 is the best turbo in the world and it's perfect for the higher compression. No need for a 67 or any of that. I would say at 14psi on the 60-1 with the l26 and an xp cam should put you right at 11.8@119mph with a crappy 1.81 60' because you didn't do a burnout, also you had to let off the throttle completely to get the trans to shift into 3rd cause it's all goofed up. I predict that, just right off the top of my head :ugh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info