E85 Conversion help!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello guys,

I know we have talked on how good e85 is and the benefits on having it, but what exactly would I need for this conversion? I have the 42.5 injectors. Also for the stuff needed WHERE can I get it. If you can provide links that would be very helpful. The car I’m looking into doing this with is my GTP. Anyways, do you think E85 would make tuning easier and also make more power?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i know nothing about e85 setups but im pretty sure u need big injectors and possibly a fuel pump...i dont know why tuning would get easier...but from everything ive seen, you'll definitely get some gains.

vogel was seeing like what...3 or 4 more mph on e85?

panda, tommy, 10sec & kevin should be able to help out.

disclaimer: again, i know nothing about e85.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
you need 60# injectors, a re-wire at your mod levels (if you don't have one), a new fuel filter, and some tuning. Adding just E85 won't do much of anything unless you're getting a lot of KR and that's pulling timing from the car. What you do with E85 is jack up the timing tables and start dropping pulley sizes.

BTW, i will have a set of flow matched 65# injectors for sale very soon, they're yours if you're interest.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
you need 60# injectors, a re-wire at your mod levels (if you don't have one), a new fuel filter, and some tuning. Adding just E85 won't do much of anything unless you're getting a lot of KR and that's pulling timing from the car. What you do with E85 is jack up the timing tables and start dropping pulley sizes.

BTW, i will have a set of flow matched 65# injectors for sale very soon, they're yours if you're interest.

YES please. If they are what I will need for this then lets make it happen

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
You should probably learn how to use the PT Scanner at a minimum of you are even thinking about E85.

YOU AGAIN!!

Panda, I give up with learning it. I need someone to actually show me. I found a shop that will Dyno/TUNE and get the most power out of my car for sure. I plan to do that..

P.S.

I have the scaning down but you need to understand I put 9123 miles on the car in 3.5 years. I dont drive it much.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
No they are in ( Fox River Grove ) off of rt 22. I got my car dynoed a long time ago there. I stopped in over weekend because I always see muscle cars there. The have a shop in streamwood, thats where they do the dyno and tunes. The guy said they will spend a entire day on it to get the best results. Said they have a guy who works only with 3800's. The normally do LS motors.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Maybe. But I know they did the guy doesnt use DHP so that leads me to believe he know a little about them at least!!

Well thats what Im hoping!!

I don't think any shops other than maybe ZZP or SDD would use DHP, it is way to specialized, many us HP Tuners, and other assorted multi-platform tuning setups

And if they have a Dyno, and it takes them all day to get it right, something is broke, or they are not tuning experts, many tunes are 2 - 3 pulls, a good to great tune is probably completed in less than 7 pulls on a dyno, either way, you are talking 1 - 4 hours, not 8 - 10 as a "Full" day would imply

E85 doesn't make tuning harder or easier, it is pretty much the same tuning as a pump gas car, just a lot less KR

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
No they are in ( Fox River Grove ) off of rt 22. I got my car dynoed a long time ago there. I stopped in over weekend because I always see muscle cars there. The have a shop in streamwood, thats where they do the dyno and tunes. The guy said they will spend a entire day on it to get the best results. Said they have a guy who works only with 3800's. The normally do LS motors.

Where on 22? Is it the old Slingshot Motorsport location? What's the address? Your post is weirding me out. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info