DDM 9007 HID kit only $45 shipped! But do I need only thing else for the GTP?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I like 5K HID's, anything else is rice to me. But you gotta remember the wattage on the ballast can change color.

I have 8000K HID's on the GTP with a 55w ballast and they look very similar to my previous 5000K's with 35w ballast. I was told this when I bought the better ballasts also.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
The wattage has nothing to do with output its what it draws from the car. if you have light out indicators on a dash of a car you will see that witht he 35w system. Thats the 55w systems only purpose is to keep the bulb out warning from coming up. I see no color change my buddy ordered 6k 55w from the same company as I order all my HIDS from two weeks after I ordered 6k for my gto in 35w. The colors where identical.

The only way you get brighter is the lower the kelvin. Also I noticed that all companies 6K or any color will look different than the others. If I went on ebay and order 10 kits in 6K and they where all different bulb makers not one will match even remotely close. One will look like someone elses 12k dark ass blue.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The wattage has nothing to do with output its what it draws from the car. if you have light out indicators on a dash of a car you will see that witht he 35w system. Thats the 55w systems only purpose is to keep the bulb out warning from coming up. I see no color change my buddy ordered 6k 55w from the same company as I order all my HIDS from two weeks after I ordered 6k for my gto in 35w. The colors where identical.

The only way you get brighter is the lower the kelvin. Also I noticed that all companies 6K or any color will look different than the others. If I went on ebay and order 10 kits in 6K and they where all different bulb makers not one will match even remotely close. One will look like someone elses 12k dark ass blue.

Im just going by what the sales guy told me when I asked about the 55watt ballasts. Its on the website also.

HID Conversion Kit
You can't buy a system with a smaller ballast. Fully digital, draws less than 6 amps at start up and 3.4 amps at normal operating temperature. This system provides 3200-3400 Lumens at 35 watts and an amazing 5000 Lumens at 55 watts per bulb. In comparison, a typical halogen bulb produces 900-1200 lumens.

The 55W system ballasts are about 1 cm longer than the 35W ballasts. 55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output( for example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit).

Complete, “plug and play” kit, with no cutting or splicing. 93-97, and 67-69 Kits include new OE style Lense housings.

ls6velless454

Regular
Jan 19, 2010
Will thanks for all the comments I guess I will go with the 35w 5000k kit. I would rather just run as white as possible. Also I was just curious with the kits what's up with the dual in dual out? If it's not necessary I won't got it. I assumed it came with the correct harness for the ballast.

ls6velless454

Regular
Jan 19, 2010
BTW nice vid of the G8 vs. the M3 I always wanted a G8. I just don't want the payments. I was pretty happy with the cars because within 2 years the depreciated roughly around 10-12k, but they seem to be sticking around there. If I ever find one for around $15k not wrecked I may consider getting one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info