No washer fluid.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I just noticed today that the windshield washer fluid does not spray. Ive been reading and it looks like its generally the pump that goes bad. When I attempt to spray it there is no noise that you normally would here. Sounds like a "Woooo" sound.

So do you really have to remove the tire to replace the pump? I read somewhere that you can just turn the tire.
Pretty easy job. It has happened to me before last year. Turn the right front wheel left or right (can't remember) for more space on pass front bumper. Remove the fender liner out. Then bingo you see fluid pump. They are snap in and unhook the wire out but yeah it will leaking if you took pump out. Use big bowl if you want to save fluid to use it since you fill it up. Then re-install everything back what you just start. Good luck.

Any suggestions?

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
I just did this two days ago for the second time in 5 months. The first one i bought crapped out so i exchanged it for a new one. I wish i thought of turning the wheel instead of taking it off. Anyway, all you do is remove the screws around the fender to loosen the fender liner. Then you should be able to pull the fender liner far enough out of the way to get to the pump. It is pretty flexible. Once you see the pump, all you do is pop out the pump and disconnect the electrical connection and hose. The first time i did it i let the fluid empty into a bucket but it still kind of goes all over the place so this time i just took it to Jiffy Lube and had them drain the reservoir. When i was done i took it back and they filled it up again. Hope this helps.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I just did this two days ago for the second time in 5 months. The first one i bought crapped out so i exchanged it for a new one. I wish i thought of turning the wheel instead of taking it off. Anyway, all you do is remove the screws around the fender to loosen the fender liner. Then you should be able to pull the fender liner far enough out of the way to get to the pump. It is pretty flexible. Once you see the pump, all you do is pop out the pump and disconnect the electrical connection and hose. The first time i did it i let the fluid empty into a bucket but it still kind of goes all over the place so this time i just took it to Jiffy Lube and had them drain the reservoir. When i was done i took it back and they filled it up again. Hope this helps.

Pretty dead on for a 99+. 97-98 you are lucky and the tank is above the battery. :rofl:

I disconnected the plug and swapped it as fast as I could and lost little fluid on my old GP. The pump is just secured into the tank VIA rubber grommet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info