FUCK ROAD CONSTRUCTION IN THE AAAASSSSS!!!

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
So, long story short, i was going out for a night of fun and drinking with friends. I live in huntley and was going to schaumburg (John Barley Corn), so naturally i take 90 to 290 south and get off @ woodfield Rd.....

As some of you may know (i didnt) that ramp is like a stick up the ass when it comes to road construction. Basically i hit a HUGE change of pavement and fucked up my rear suspension. Not exactly sure if its fixable currently but im looking to get some in-site...

What i could feel is that the spring seem to have compressed all the way and caused the shock "housing" (where the spring rests against the shock on the bottom half) to bend downward. Thus, my shock is now creating a nice little ring on the inside of my tire about a inch in from the outside... is this something that can just be bent back into place or is there a new strut involved?...

:fu: ROAD CONSTRUCTION

thx.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Id try bending it back. Even if it isnt bent back perfect, the isolator will keep it from moving around much. The spring will need to be removed from the shock for sure to get the job done. You can probably beter asess the damage at that point and decide if the shock just needs to be replaced.

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
yea, i didnt hit it just right, every damn car was doing it today.. i actually took a video of it today so ill post it up here so u can all see what im talkin about, all 4 cars in front of me did the exact same thing, the civic in the video that was directly in front of me smashes down pretty hard..... fuckin blows... i was able to drive it home today as whatever tire was there, is gone and its still drivable, couldnt really see what the hell happen though. strut mounts look ok, nothing seems bent, idk... have to rip it apart and see whats up.

Motor

Sep 2, 2010
thursday last week guy in front of me blew his tire out right in front of me on that there, then going from 290 south onto 90 east they cut out the middle portion of the ramp but left the sides and then left it as it was, i hit the brakes and slowed down enough that i just barely clipped the edge with one of the belly pans. i was pissed and went to the IDOT area right there at the ramp...talked to a trooper who told me that we are pretty much f'ed when it comes to this, but he was cool and spent like 15mins talking to me about my car.

sorry for your bad luck...try filing a claim with these punks...

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Sucks that it happened and cuaght you off guard. I've learned with my car being lowered to always be on edge especially in constuction zone for shit like that when they don't put up signs. Always pay attention to the cars in front as it gives a forewarning for troubled spots.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info