Installing extra gauges?

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
So I have 3 gauges, boost, oil pressure, and A/F. Few questions about hooking them up on a Regal.

1. We don't have a power drop connector, do we? I bought it from ZZP thinking it would be great but I could not find anything remotely close to that connection.

2. If we do not have a power drop connection, where would be the best place to hook up the power, switched, and ground? I'm thinking just wire them into my headunit harness?

3. For the boost gauge, where is the best spot to put in the T they gave me?

Any other info/advice you guys can give would be great. Thanks!!

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
what kind of switched power do you want?for the headlights and gauge backlight to turn on at the same time, or ign. switched power? i used the fusebox and figured out which fuse was switched at the ign. to get my power to my gauge..and for the backlight to turn on at night with the headlights i used a wire that goes into the headlight switch. ground you can pretty much do anywhere..and my boost gauge i put the t in the back of the motor so its lless visible.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
agreed on the narrowband.

Regals do have the power drop. it is taped under the passenger side dash somewhere. dig around an you will find it.

that would be the simplest place to wire to. already fused too. tap into the Vacuum line going from the lower intake to the MAP sensor I'd say.

orrrr sell gauges and buy go fast parts. :) the car has everything but the oil pressure gauge anyway. and if you really wanna get serious get a wideband.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info