fueling problem

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
just started to have a problem today. when i go WOT the car leans out A LOT. if i roll onto the throttle it is ok at partial throttle but once i hit WOT it gets the aids. i am running ~12 lbs of boost with the following mods (exactly what i have).

Z7 kit(tial wastegate/bov)--Treadstone TR10 IC--manual boost controller--K&N filter--breather--L36 intake--L36 TB--L36LIM--HV3--zzp 350 pump--FP rewire--65# inj--Tog DP/cutout--180*--PRJ wires--zzp plog--103's--AEM wideband--dual aeroforce--built trans

the FP and fuel filter were both new with the build and didnt think they would be faulty yet. i have an experienced tuner helping with the tune and it has ran perfect the past few weeks until today (w/o changing a thing...)

ANY HELP?

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
so uh you want this damn pigtail or what?

uh? what pigtail?

i dont think its valve float (i did order some new springs though) because i have the scans of the fuel dropping off. i dont think throwing a FP gauge on will solve anything because the car is fine until WOT. and ive only got a shitty hand held one, no cabin gauge.

when i partial throttle the fueling goes to like 11-12's (WB) but once i hit WOT it goes to 16's and the 02's go to like 200's :noes:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
sorry i was askin 10sacOsliders lol

at wot you in boost, if the fuel pres regulator is no longer functioning as a rising rate unit (for 1psi boost it increases fuel pressure 1 psi so at the injector nozzle fuel pressure stays the same) you will lean out...and fast

was the car flashed before it happened? you may have a corrupted bin file, you could flash a tune or two back, into it and retest.

btw if your running the oem l36 rails i dont believe that fpr works well as a rising rate unit...its not designed for pressure...only vac of an na motor...sooo it could be the fpr esp if its old, toss a gauge on man...better to know than guess

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
sorry i was askin 10sacOsliders lol

at wot you in boost, if the fuel pres regulator is no longer functioning as a rising rate unit (for 1psi boost it increases fuel pressure 1 psi so at the injector nozzle fuel pressure stays the same) you will lean out...and fast

was the car flashed before it happened? you may have a corrupted bin file, you could flash a tune or two back, into it and retest.

btw if your running the oem l36 rails i dont believe that fpr works well as a rising rate unit...its not designed for pressure...only vac of an na motor...sooo it could be the fpr esp if its old, toss a gauge on man...better to know than guess

the car has been running fine for the past 3 weeks with like 13lbs. i loaded the file about a week ago and it was fine until yesterday. i reloaded the tune and cleared the trims and it still happened.

im running a mod'd stock L67 rail.

i posted a WTB for a "in cabin" FP gauge over on CGP. dont really want to shell out the cash for a new one :hs:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Just something I thought of while reading this...

If you're floating valves OR misfiring, you're not going to be burning the air you're sucking in, which means it's going to be going out of the exhaust.

What do we rely on to determine whether the car is lean or rich? An OXYGEN sensor, so if you're misfiring or floating valves, and not burning the air-fuel mix, the O2 sensor, wideband included, is going to believe it's experiencing a lean situation, and report accordingly.

Now, I'm not saying for sure that misses or float is causing this, only that it can create a false lean. Scanning for misfires and knock are usually pretty reliable in determining if it's a true or false lean. If you're seeing a bunch of knock, it's probably legit lean, and if you see misfires, it's probably a false lean.

Ready....GO!

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny

If you're floating valves OR misfiring, you're not going to be burning the air you're sucking in, which means it's going to be going out of the exhaust.

What do we rely on to determine whether the car is lean or rich? An OXYGEN sensor, so if you're misfiring or floating valves, and not burning the air-fuel mix, the O2 sensor, wideband included, is going to believe it's experiencing a lean situation, and report accordingly.

Now, I'm not saying for sure that misses or float is causing this, only that it can create a false lean. Scanning for misfires and knock are usually pretty reliable in determining if it's a true or false lean. If you're seeing a bunch of knock, it's probably legit lean, and if you see misfires, it's probably a false lean.

Ready....GO!

no misfires but it did knock a tad (4*) (on the way home i scanned it and included misfires)

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton

Ready....GO!

well turbo guys are finding they get valve float between 12-14 psi, especially if they are 200k mile springs lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info