electrical problem

jturek02gs

swinging like a champ
Apr 7, 2010
So I was getting off of work and when I went to my car the some of the dash lights wont turn on and the tail lights wont stay on either (at night of course) The light that wont turn on are the Tac, MPH, gas and engine temp. My after market boost gauge wont turn on either. So I messed around with the dimmer swtich, parking brake and the wires to the dimmer swtich(i tapped in there for electrics for gauge) Nothing worked so far, so then I tried the fuses and soo far the dash and tail light fuses looked ok.

Any ideas to help the regal and my headache out??

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
sooo basically your whole parking/marker light system is dead...did you check for power at the fuse? or did you just remove and look at the fuse? start with the boost gauge...find where it got tapped into the circuit ive seen all sorts of messes from impropper tie in's aka scotch locks can be quick but they can also just as easily sever all the copper wire strands and still look "ok" from the outside...
then start pulling out the headlight switch and check for power at the dark brown or dark tan wire with the marker lights switched on (you didnt say anything but do the brake and headlights work?

jturek02gs

swinging like a champ
Apr 7, 2010
ok found part of the problem so far

I checked the fuse for the Tail Light lamps. LIC Lamps....fuse was fucked, so i changed it and it worked for a sec then the fuse busted again.....soooo i am checking the wires in my trunk right now and WTF is LIC? somthing with the lights in my cluster?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah the lic plate lamp is fed off the parking/marker light system so yeah that would be it...

start doing things the easy way

unplug all your marker bulbs, and take a quik look at the filaments, as one may have shorted, put in a new fuse and see if it still blows, if it does clip you boost gauge light wire and retest.

with the good fuse in start plugging iin one lamp/bulb assembly at a time till the lights/fuse go out

dont forget the plate lights

or you can put a paperclip in the fuse holder and look for smoke

if after all the marker bulbs are unplugged/removed the fuse doesnt blow, start

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jturek02gs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list