My GP does not like aggresive braking

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Damn car. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this issue. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the slightest tap on the break and 10 being a full slam, anything after a 5 will upset my car. When I say upset i mean I will hear popping and cracking. Im pretty sure that its a bad wheel hub (I think thats what its called). The most annoying part is the down shift that the car makes when coming to a stop. Especially at a braking level of 6+ when coming to a stop. In the last 10mph of a stop, my gp will down shift (im pretty sure thats what its doing) and it will cause a weak point in the brakes. Its really hard to explain. It pretty much makes the car jerk forward and forces me to press the brakes harder. It gets very annoying and just doesnt feel right.

All other cars drive have great brakes (gto, wrx, and a magnum). No feedback or annoying down shift when braking. Yes I know its natural for the downshift, but it never responds like my gp.

Anyone know what I am talking about or has experienced this?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
All joking aside (though I do like you spelled brake correctly and incorrectly in the same paragraphs)

I'd say you need to look at some brake maintenance/ upgrades. All auto's will downshift as you slow down but I'm not sure why that would effect your braking. :dunno:

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Well a bad wheel bearing will have a great effect on braking. Think about it; your caliper is fixed to the knuckle while your rotor is attached to the hub that's able to move all around out of alignment from the pads. That's no good.

This is true. These things difficult to do in your driveway? Mind you, I find changing spark plugs to be a difficult task. I do have a decent, but not extensive, tool collection.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Umm well it's not difficult to replace but it can be frustrating if the bearing won't come out of the knuckle. You'll need a large socket (I don't recall what size 32mm/ 1 1/4"?)

But other then that it's just a matter of unbolting it and knocking it out of the knuckle and off the axle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info