Sunroof and door problems!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I've had some issues with the sunroof before, but NOW the damn thing wont slide shut from the full open position. One side will slide the other wont so it binds and doesnt move more than an inch or so. It seems like its not a lubrication issue but something is actually broken. I really dont want to go to the dealer but it seems as though that may be my only option? Thoughts?

Also my left rear door wont unlock. Once and a blue moon it will, but for the most part it wont. Any ideas there?

Growing more and more annoyed with the things that go wrong with this car. Still have several things on my list that need fixing.

-Nick

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Hmm... I've had problems with my sunroof but it was more like it would keep stopping when you were trying to shut it. After the first 7 times taking it to the dealer by me they told me they couldn't fix it. I ended up going to another dealer and they replaced everything.
It sounds like there might be something wrong with the track. Maybe it's bent or something. My only suggestion is to inspect the track and the sunroof itself. Let us know what happens.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
Hmm... I've had problems with my sunroof but it was more like it would keep stopping when you were trying to shut it. After the first 7 times taking it to the dealer by me they told me they couldn't fix it. I ended up going to another dealer and they replaced everything.
It sounds like there might be something wrong with the track. Maybe it's bent or something. My only suggestion is to inspect the track and the sunroof itself. Let us know what happens.

x2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info