L67 LIM, rate the difficulty level

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
from what i understand, he siad the elbows were replaced. I told him about those b4 he brought it in. I honestly don't know where its leaking from. He said it will leave a small puddle overnight, but not leak when its warm. Any suggestions? I'll take another look at it, i could use the money even if its just a couple bucks.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Very straight forward job...books for around 4 hours, expect to spend about that doing it your first time.

Also just because the coolant elbow are new, doesn't mean they aren't leaking....make sure the seal going into the lim isn't rolled over or torn. I think we've all made the mistake of having it tear.....

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
check WP weep hole, bad LIM end plate gasket (below tb), overfilled overflow resevoir, bad hose or radiator, depending how long ago it was it could be residual ccoolant from the repair
edit phats right plenty of times the aluminum surface corrodes and creates a ridge in the exact spot the new oring is supposed to seal. AGS sil-glyd is excelent for sealing orings and minor pitting from corrosion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info