WTB: 97 gtp fuel line

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
The line is one continuous piece from the fuel filter just in front of the driver's rear tire, all the way to the rail.

IMO, the best option is removing the plastic line where it connects to the metal line, and replacing it with good quality rubber fuel hose. Make sure the rubber hose is rated for EFI pressures (100+).

I've been running in this way for several years without a hitch, fwiw.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
The line is one continuous piece from the fuel filter just in front of the driver's rear tire, all the way to the rail.

IMO, the best option is removing the plastic line where it connects to the metal line, and replacing it with good quality rubber fuel hose. Make sure the rubber hose is rated for EFI pressures (100+).

I've been running in this way for several years without a hitch, fwiw.

Or buy a Hard-line adapter for a AN line, run a short span of -6 line, and get a quick-connect An fitting to keep the stock rails, with fittings and lines, should be $40 - $75, I feel better with a compression fitting, and Braided lines than I would with a fuel line and clamps

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Or buy a Hard-line adapter for a AN line, run a short span of -6 line, and get a quick-connect An fitting to keep the stock rails, with fittings and lines, should be $40 - $75, I feel better with a compression fitting, and Braided lines than I would with a fuel line and clamps

This is, arguably, the most "right" way to do it, from a safety and longevity standpoint especially.

If you're like me, and hate spending money on things that don't make the car go faster, the rubber line, double clamp method is more appealing. It probably cost me less than ten dollars, but is likely more at risk of a leak, and is much less serviceable as you lose the quick-connect at the rail.

On a $1500 car, I'd be hesitant to get too fancy with fittings and such, as it sounds as if the car will probably rust in half sooner than a rubber line would take to fail.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
This is, arguably, the most "right" way to do it, from a safety and longevity standpoint especially.

If you're like me, and hate spending money on things that don't make the car go faster, the rubber line, double clamp method is more appealing. It probably cost me less than ten dollars, but is likely more at risk of a leak, and is much less serviceable as you lose the quick-connect at the rail.

On a $1500 car, I'd be hesitant to get too fancy with fittings and such, as it sounds as if the car will probably rust in half sooner than a rubber line would take to fail.

Ah, I didn't realize that this is a beater... In that case, rubber fuel line, double clamps (3/4 for feed, 5/16 for the Return IIRC)

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
The return line was 3/8 on his 97 actually.

The SC is bad though, not just the coupler. Anyone have an m90 for sale? I see a couple on CL right now, one with 88k for $130 and a never installed rebuilt one for $200. I would say for the price difference it would be worth getting the new one, yes?

I have also heard that the LIM gasket is a common thing to leak on these. Is this something that will be easier to replace while doing the SC?

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
I think DOUBLE D has a spare Gen 3 M90 but its not from a 97 (not sure it would work) When installing the new blower you should probably replace the Valve cover gaskets, LIM gaskets, coolant elbows, change the fluids, plugs, wires etc.

it will work. just has a different vacuum tree on top so you would have to t into another vacuum line. i used to have a 98+ sc on my old gtp

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well all cars are junk to you Panda! Really it was $1500 so I expected some hidden problems. If it can be made to last him a year then its worth it. he just needed something to get him work everyday.

After some maintenance and elbow grease, along with taking care of it, it should last longer then a year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info