working on a friends car today - P0410?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
very common issue here. water gets sucked in through the air pump intake, and the pump burns out.
GM has a TSB about this, and released an updated pump and intake design with a plastic shield to keep water out.
the air pump is on the driver's side under the headlight.
good luck

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
very common issue here. water gets sucked in through the air pump intake, and the pump burns out.
GM has a TSB about this, and released an updated pump and intake design with a plastic shield to keep water out.
good luck

:werd:

AIR or Secondary Air injection is mainly found on California cars to meet the stricter emissions standards.

if you have powertuner, turn off the code, and no harm will be done

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
good luck

awesome. We first checked the relay and that was fine so we were going to look into either the air pump itself or o2 sensors giving false readings to the pcm, overworking the air pump... etc.

No we'll skip the o2 sensors! Thanks

:werd:

AIR or Secondary Air injection is mainly found on California cars to meet the stricter emissions standards.

if you have powertuner, turn off the code, and no harm will be done

Only in California sold cars? or is it in all cars?

I would turn the code of for you but you'd have to pay me for the credits to unlock the car.

how much does that run?

Or find someone with a powertuner and turn it off for free.

power tuners does it for free? what does Dan have?

just trying to help you cocky bastard

:angrys00ls:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
HP tuners will cost $100 in credits, which is less than what the "pump kit" will cost you.
IMO, since this is a friend's car i would delete the codes. the secondary air system is nothing but a giant headache, and it will likely have more problems down the road.
i had a customer's 3.5l intrigue need a pump kit, solenoid, and both shut off valves due to water contamination.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info