a REAL grand prix

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
no special grandprix that gets stored for the winters/rains... [:)]

here is my $800 DD grand prix (soon to be turbo if i ever get the time to do the install)

started off like this:

IMG_0656.jpg

Then transformed into a race car:

photo-9.jpg

Then after 12 cans of spray paint it turned into the bat-mobile

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

photo-10.jpg
;

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Danny.

What. the. fuck. with. the. pink. grilles.

i support breast cancer, and i want my wife to keep her DD's:bowrofl:

but honestly it's the only different color i had...i will be picking up something else this week to do the grills and the lower fascia's...or i might just flat black them too....

for being a $800 im not losing out much just to mess around with it...haha...at least it will be decently quick if i ever get around to actually installing all of this shit taking up my whole garage :fy:

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
why put a turbo on that?

why not put a turbo on this? Who will expect this to be fast? And yes, beater cars are better... I don't have to care about it since it was $800!

And nothing was wrong with the red, I just don't like red, and I don't like my car looking like everyone elses.

Yes KJ, your car is imaginary, so give me your turbo.

I plan on going over it one or two more times to get the lines out but it was getting late and I had to be up early! The only spots in which I have bad lines are on the hood and trunk the sides are pretty good ecspecially the driver side.

I may try the heat gun trick, but as of right now I'll rock it how it is.

Thanks for the compliments and opinions guys!! I might fix the body next year, but this year was all about making it fast since I miss my last one. And I figure a few rattle cans will make it different enough for now.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Hey where did you find this heap? I'm looking for a sweet 800 dollars DD just like this. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

found it on craigslist in st louis. He was asking $1000 I offered $800 and drove it home. (97, 189k miles, no options besides sunroof that doesn't work, but runs and drives good)

a week later we found my buddy one in Decatur craigslist for $900 that needed a trans. (00gtp, ALL options, 210k miles). After putting a $300 junkyard trans she runs and drives good also.

I just use searchtempest.com and look for what I want, I buy quit a few beat up cars, fix them up ( basic tune ups or easy motor fixes, and some body work( not spray painted though... I just don't care about my car)), then sell them for profit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info