....how about a little "GOOD" news?

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I've read far TOO many posts where something bad has happened to people's cars...which is why I'm posting this. Today I was swapping out an old Throttle Body, for a ZZP Stage 2 I bought about a year ago. There is that whole W-Body meet coming up at GLD next weekend (June 12th) and I don't think I'll get to finally installing a few parts I've been meaning to do.

Saturday after work, I ordered and picked up a gasket from Advacne Auto. I figured, I had all day today to put the Ported Throttle Body in.

The new gasket was $5.34.

I cleaned and polished the inside of the ZZP Stage 2, because it was used and probably could have used it. When I got the old TB off, I noticed a couple of things:

1). Part of the air flow screen was crushed and dented...(no biggie, but enough to probably slow me down a bit).
2). The paper gasket (between the S/C inlet and TB outlet) was deteriorated. So much in fact, that there was an area within the inlet, where antifreeze leaked.

Using my bare finger, I reached into the inlet and noticed the wetness from the antifreeze was rougly an inch in the S/C. I doubt there is any damage, but I'm going to have to thank someone for putting this whole W-Body deal together. Otherwise, I probably would have waited another month or 10 to get my $#!T together. By that time, it would have been A LOT worse.

That was the BEST $5.34 I spent!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Aww man, there goes your free water/anit-freeze injection. :rofl: j/k, that's awesome buddy, now toss on the rockers :squint: We need fast Illinois cars, which is why i'm walking there, all I have is some stock junk to bring there. :tear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info